Friday, June 5, 2009

Stella


Cascade Yarns 100% Undyed Peruvian Highland Wool.
This yarn is hefty and chunky, being reserved for a lap blanket for me.
I can feel the warmth of this wool whilst the skein is resting on my lap, gorgeous.


Malabrigo kettle dyed, pure merino wool.
www.malabrigoyarn.com for more color. I have in mind another scarf maybe.
I love living in a climate that allows me to wear these fibres.







Beaverslide Dry Goods www.beaverslide.com
This yarn and the available colour palette is stunning.
"Fine wool grown in Montana. The colours were inspired by the natural world here on the Rocky Mountain Front, and are unique to our company. It's processed in Maine and spun on an antique spinning mule."
I feel the word 'rustic' is overused in descriptions, but it is certainly warranted when describing this particular yarn.
Our newest member of the family.
She made her way into our home and hearts uninvited.
But she is here to stay.
Aptly named for when attacking skeins of yarn S - T - E - L - L - AAAAAAAA






























1 comment:

Mary said...

Stella is not so different from our Banjo - himself a rescue cat!

Love the sound of your new course - so happy for you!