Friday, October 1, 2010

Larraby

We have had so much fun exploring our new home, there have been adventures abound.
No tv, no computer and very infrequent phone reception. BLISS

Every day saw us rise early, build a fire and breakfast on the verandah overlooking the creek and ruins.
Very early to bed, usually completely exhausted but in a good way.
Lots of knitting and reading and playing, we searched and searched for faeries. I think we may have found evidence of their existence within a "story" tree.
The "story" tree was named so, because every time we visited, it prompted Mia to ask about me, when I was a little girl.
I find it interesting that she is so curious to know about me.
I see her struggle with the notion that I was, once, little, just like her.

Mostly I make up fantastic tales.
Sometimes stories, that are relevant to some of her trials and tribulations. I watch her closely, and when she makes a connection between my stories and her life, her little face lights up. JOY

My best friend Larry, pictured below, joined us on our short break.

He has aged much in the last 2 years, it breaks my heart to think of him not being under my feet. He has been my faithful shadow for 11 years now.

No comments: