Friday, February 5, 2010

Ishbel



This provided me with hours of enjoyment and frustration. A delightful pattern, beautifully written and easy to follow.

But knitting when tired, mistakes occur. When said mistakes are realised, words of such a nature that a coal miner would blush if heard, spew out of my mouth.

I have knit Ishbel for Camilla, my beautiful, precious heart, who is now settled and thoroughly enjoying her new school "Wilderness" in Adelaide as a boarder.

Ishbel was knitted using Jamieson's Double Knitting in colour Mooskit, just shy of 4 skeins used.
Quite a course yarn, 100% Pure Shetland Wool. Grown and spun on the Shetland Isles.

The fear of attempting something new is gone, the lessons learnt are many and the self satisfaction I have is great.

Next Ishbel, will be in the larger size, I'm thinking cashmere..............

1 comment:

Sue said...

Your Ishbel looks quite lovely. It seems you had the same experience as I had when knitting it up. I am sure a few choice words came out of my mouth too. I think next time I will do the larger size too.