Sunday, May 31, 2009

Solidarity

This photo was taken on one of my last day trips around my local area (in Queensland), in the last weeks before moving to Victoria.

While taking some time to compose the shot, I thought of many things.

I remember the only sounds where of the water and the occasional motorcyclist speeding by, this particular road is a favourite amongst bikers.
I know as I used to be one of them.
The people in this photo, I don't know.
But I was completely envious of their solidarity in harmony with nature.
When I look at this photo, I note that the couple are not actually touching, but they are probably close enough to feel and hear each others breathe.

It speaks of comfort and space at the same time.
I do remember wishing I had someone to share moments like these with, I still do.

I also recall feeling a little like an intruder and apologising to them for interupting their meditations.
She had an expressive, warm face with deep lines. A faint hint of a smile around her lips, her reply was "beauty is for everyone".
He had a twinkle in his eye, but remained silent.

I left feeling 'lost'.

So, here I sit at 9.15 pm Sunday evening, killing time waiting for the tiredness to kick in.
I can't go to sleep until my eyelids are dropping. Otherwise I lay in bed thinking about things like this couple or dwelling too much on loneliness.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lovely post - and sad too...

Time to put some serious thought into moving closer to Melbourne perhaps?

Or somewhere where the community is more vibrant?

x