Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Remembering

After carding, the (above) natural greasy fleece, looks like this (below).
Then the fun begins.
Spinning is not as easy as it looks, but it is tremendously rewarding.
I find myself thinking of many things while spinning.
How are you Mary ?
I feel the tension in my neck and shoulders dissipate.
Constantly dreaming of the beautiful items I will one day knit with this gorgeous fibre.
Spinning is also a sensory delight, the smell (reminds me of the sheep fat I used on cracked nipples when breast feeding eldest daughter), the touch is earthy and wholesome and the sight of the glistening staples after carding in the sunlight is brilliant.

I remember my mum spinning when I was little.


2 comments:

Sam said...

what lovely memories. I must admit to not enjoying spinning with raw fleece at all.. give me some lovely long staple tops and I'm much happier!

Mary said...

Hi darling.

Your photo sits on its disc waiting for me to take it to be printed.

It will happen!

I am sad. Tired. Happy though to have my mother with me.

x